Thursday, April 03, 2008

In Christ Alone

We sang this song at the retreat this weekend and I just love it.... Here is an excerpt.

And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine - 
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death - 
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home - 
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

5 comments:

Daniel and Shea Scarbrough said...

We sing this one at our church...LOVE IT...very powerful.

Lee, Leanne and Samuel said...

we sang this last sunday...i echo your comments!

Brandon said...

love love love this song too... we sang it Easter and it is new to me..if you see my belting out song down the road I am probably listening to this song on my practice CD :)
Natalie

Lee, Leanne and Samuel said...

hey, didn't ellie have a birthday!??? let's see some photos!!! i love a good party!

Rachel said...

That is one of my FAVORITES...so glad yo see so many people love it, too! It makes me teary each time we sing it!:)
~Rachel